Nigeria:Boko Haram terrorists kill seven in northeastern

Militants believed to be from the Boko Haram Takfiri terrorist group have attacked a convoy of motorists along a highway in northeastern Nigeria, killing at least seven people and injuring several others.

Witnesses said on Sunday that the militants ambushed the military-escorted motorists along recently-secured Maiduguri-Biu highway in Borno state the previous day. Nigerian soldiers are said to be among the injured.

Dauda Pambe, a local resident who was among the travelers guarded by soldiers, said many passengers ducked in their vehicles to avoid being hit by bullets.

“We were somewhere between Bulabulin and Dogonwaya villages when the Boko Haram gunmen opened fire on the vehicles ahead of us in the convoy,” said Pambe.

“The first vehicle was hit on the tire and the driver could not proceed so the passengers alighted and fled into the bush. The second vehicle was a pickup van carrying many passengers, and many of them could not escape.”

The militant-infested highway, which was recaptured last year by the military, has been one of the most dangerous routes in northeastern Nigeria for several years because of militant attacks. The military now escorts motorists moving in convoy along the road.

The latest incident came three days after Boko Haram gunmen stormed a military base in Borno.

Boko Haram bombers using babies to thwart detection in Nigeria

Boko Haram terrorists have killed more than 20,000 people and forced more than 2.7 million others to flee since 2009.

By Africafrique and agencies

Comments Below

comments Below

Africa News

Africafrique Africa News From Africa

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *